I Don't Know How Inter Fans Will Treat Me - Barcelona Striker Ibrahimovic

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

After his much-covered summer switch from Inter to Barcelona, Zlatan Ibrahimovic must return to his old club as the two European giants square off in the Champions League next week.

However, the big Swede is wary of how the Nerazzurri fans will treat him on his return.

"How will I be accepted at San Siro? Honestly I don't know, I've not thought about it," Ibrahimovic told Tuttosport.




The 27-year-old has had his run-ins with the Beneamata faithful in the past, and Ibrahimovic responded to the jeers and whistles by putting his finger to his lips. Despite this, the former Ajax man is hopeful that the fans will realise what he gave to the Nerazzurri during his spell with the club.

"I believe that the real Inter fans know what I did for the club and, above all, know that before I arrived they had not won [the league] for 17 years.

"When I arrived, we won for three consecutive years," Ibrahimovic added, not including the 2005-06 championship that was awarded to the Nerazzurri in the wake of the calciopoli scandal.

However, the Barcelona striker's immediate concern is Sweden's World Cup qualifier against Malta tomorrow night. Group 1 is still wide open, with Denmark, Hungary, Sweden and Portugal all in the running to qualify for South Africa.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment