I Want To Finish My Career At Barcelona - Lionel Messi

Friday, September 18, 2009

After signing a lucrative new contract with Barcelona, Lionel Messi has expressed his delight at being able to extend his deal and has declared that, if he could, he would sign away the rest of his career with the Blaugrana.

"I would like to finish here in Barcelona. [I want] to play my whole career here, if it's possible," the 22-year-old told Barca TV on Friday afternoon.

The contract renewal could not have come at a better moment for Messi, who won the treble with the Blaugrana last year, the UEFA Super Cup and Spanish Supercopa this season as well as a host of individual awards for his recent performances.

This is something that has not passed the stellar Argentine by, and he admitted that the new deal was the result of "everything that happened last year and what I have done since I got into the first team".

However, Messi does not intend to stop the winning habit and hopes that his team-mates can continue in the fashion to which they have become accustomed.

"I am just one of a spectacular group of players in a beautiful team, we are very close and one in which I want to keep winning things."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment