Begiristain leaves Barcelona

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Txiki Begiristain will leave Barcelona.

The departure of the technical director was announced by Barca's general manager Juan Oliver.

Begiristain revealed, with former president Joan Laporta leaving, it was the right time for him to leave the club as well.

"It is a good moment to do it," the former Barca player told the club's official website.

"Laporta is the person that has most trusted in me and given me most support and I believe that is the moment to leave.

"I wanted to finish in a good moment, in which the Barca functioned well."

Begiristain admitted he would find it difficult to build the same relationship with the new president Sandro Rosell.

"I need a lot of complicity with the president. I needed confidence and with him (Laporta) I have had it to the maximum," he said.

"And I see this complicity very difficult to find now. It is a good moment for the new president to find that confidence in a new person and be able to build something similar to what president Laporta and I built."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment