Cesc Fabregas Denies Link To Barcelona Presidential Candidate Rossell

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has denied any connection to the potential presidential candidacy of Sandro Rosell at Barcelona.

Rosell is believed to be one of a number of possible candidates set to challenge current club president Joan Laporta in next year's elections, but Fabregas insists he is not involved.


"I have not spoken to anyone at the moment, there is nothing," the 22-year-old told Marca.

While he stated that his immediate focus is on Spain's World Cup qualifier against Estonia on Wednesday, Fabregas added that he doesn't know what will happen next year..



"I do not know if I will leave the Premier League next year. I am happy an it is an important year for the club. I have not spoken to anyone, if something has to happen will happen, but currently there is nothing," he stated.

The former Barca youth player confirmed that Real Madrid had shown interest in him and he claimed that although he was flattered, it was never serious.

"Two or three years ago, there was something. [Real] Madrid and its fans have always been very good to me and for that I will be forever grateful," he said.

"There has never been anything serious with another team since I joined Arsenal."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment