Former Barcelona Star Eidur Gudjohnsen: I Moved To Monaco To Work Hard

Sunday, September 20, 2009

intends to prove his worth to the Monaco fans following his move from Barcelona towards the end of the transfer window.

The Icelandic international made the switch after three seasons at the Camp Nou, and was on the periphery of the side for the for the majority of last season as Pep Guardiola’s men clinched their now famous Triplete.

The 31-year old has made it clear that he has not moved to France to retire, and intends to help Monaco to success.

Spanish publication Sport reports that Gudjohnsen said of his new club, “It is a new opportunity for me, it will motivate me and it is also a personal challenge.

“I will demonstrate why I played at clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona.”

Gudjohnsen also said that the switch to the French principality was an ideal move for him at this stage of his career.

“Monaco is the perfect choice,” he said, adding, “I promise to work hard. I have not come here to enjoy the sun, I can do that after I have completed my career.”


0 komentar:

Post a Comment