Francesco Totti: I Snubbed Real Madrid & Barcelona To Stay At Roma

Friday, September 11, 2009

Roma striker Francesco Totti has claimed he deserves his contract extension because he snubbed big money from Real Madrid and Barcelona earlier in his career.

'Er Pupone' is about to be rewarded with a new five-year deal worth around €5 million-per-season. Some critics have slammed the move, but the player believes he is worthy of the new terms.

"I think I have earned my contract," Totti told Sky Sport Italia.

"No-one has ever gifted me anything. It's an important contract, but I have never thought about the money, otherwise I would have gone to either Real Madrid or Barcelona when they wanted me at 26 to earn double of what I get now.

"I have always wanted to have a career with this shirt. I deserve respect as it's a question of the heart, not money."

Earlier reports claim his extension has been put on hold until next week.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment