Inter Winger Mancini Slams Barcelona Star Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will come face to face with his former Inter team-mates next Wednesday as Barcelona travel to Milan to kick off the defence of their Champions League crown.

And Ibrahimovic should brace himself for a hostile reception after claiming earlier this week that the Nerazzurri should be thankful for his time in Milan as “they had won nothing for 17 years.”

“He has done important things with us and won three Scudetti, but his remarks struck me as a bit provocative and exaggerated,” Brazilian midfielder Mancini reacted in the Corriere dello Sport.

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion and we need to respect that, but it’s not like he says: Inter have existed for 100 years and had won trophies before his arrival.”

Mancini seemed on the verge of leaving the Italian champions this summer and was rumoured to be returning to his former club Roma, after finding his opportunities limited under Jose Mourinho last term.

“I spoke to Mourinho and he told me he didn’t want me to leave,” explained the 29-year-old.

“But someone from Roma did approach my agent during the last days of the transfer window.

“I now hope to have a different season than last year. I am eager to prove a point and go back to being the Mancini you all know: it’s the beginning of a new life for me.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment