My Contract Renewal At Barcelona Is Not A Priority - Carles Puyol

Monday, September 14, 2009

After Barcelona technical secretary Txiki Begiristain announced that the Blaugrana are loathe to lose Carles Puyol, the captain has responded by saying that he doesn't want to worry about renewing his current deal.

"It's not a priority - it doesn't worry me," the 31-year-old explained to Sport.

"I won't stop committing myself in games because of it. I'm really happy at Barcelona. I feel valued by the coach, by my team-mates, by the fans - by everyone. I can't ask for more.

"My plan is to continue with Barca - I know that it's very difficult to leave this club and even more so now. But I want to think about whether I will retire here or have a spell abroad."

Meanwhile, the Blaugrana face Inter in the Champions League on Wednesday and Puyol is looking forward to playing against his friend Samuel Eto'o.

"It will definitely be emotional," he said. "After winning the Supercopa, [Eto'o] called me to congratulate us and we joked about how he might have scored. I wish him all the best. He's a friend, a great team-mate and we have to be very grateful for all that he gave us."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment