I Want To End My Career At Barcelona - Andres Iniesta

Friday, November 27, 2009

The playmaker is delighted with his new contract and wants to win many more titles with the Blaugrana

Andres Iniesta celebrated his return to the Barcelona first-team by scoring in their 3-1 win over Mallorca.

It was confirmed today that Andres Iniesta has signed a contract extension with Barcelona that will keep him at the Spanish champions until 2015.

Iniesta has now expressed his delight at inking the new deal, revealing that he wants to end his career with the Blaugrana.

"It's a very special day," he enthused to Barca TV.

"I want to thank the president [Joan Laporta], the board and [technical secretary] Txiki Begiristain for continuing to have faith in me. It's one more step towards realising my dream, which is to retire here.

"I would like to end my career here, and look back and see all the titles that we have won - that's what makes us happy. I will fight for this."

Iniesta also added on his Facebook page that he hopes that the Blaugrana will continue to win as many games as possible, beginning with el Clasico.

"I don't know how many games there have been until now, but I hope that we will win as many as possible. Starting on Sunday. It will be hard, but we have been training and there are good feelings."

The 25-year-old has spent his entire career with Barcelona since signing for the club as a youth player from Albacete in 1996. He has made over 300 appearances for the club in all competitions, winning the Champions League twice and the Primera Division on three occasions.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment