It Would Be A Surprise If Barcelona Were To Thrash Real Madrid Again - Gerard Pique

Friday, November 27, 2009

The defender is not expecting a repeat of last season's historic 6-2 victory when the sides meet on Sunday

Stankovic, Pique, Barcelona, Inter (MARCA)

Gerard Pique has played down the idea that Barcelona are going to steamroll over Real Madrid at the Camp Nou on Sunday, emphasising the fact that the margin of last season's victory in the Santiago Bernabeu was unique.

"Those who think we are going to score a lot of goals can forget it - it won't happen unless there is a surprise," he declared to Marca.

"Nothing can be discounted, of course, and hopefully we will be able to win handsomely, but the usual thing is that we struggle to achieve a victory. What happened last year won't be repeated in a long, long time."

While Pique recognises the fact that los Blancos have spent a lot of money on a lot of new players over the summer, he has neither hate nor envy for the club.

"Real Madrid are practically a new team and it's clear that they will go out looking to win, but that always happens in this sort of match," he said.

"I've always said that I'm not an anti-Madridista or anti-anything because this would mean that I envy them. But no. I'm in the best team in the world and I don't hate anyone. But, of course, I am a lifelong Barcelona fan and a Clasico is a Clasico."

Pique was among the goalscorers in last season's 6-2 victory, and he revealed that he would not exchange that goal or last season's trophies for anything in the world.

"It seems fashionable at the moment [to want] to change things," he mused. "But I wouldn't change anything. I wouldn't change the goal in the Bernabeu or the treble for anything because it's what I've achieved. From here, I welcome everything, but what's done is done."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment