Barcelona Star Andres Iniesta 'Feeling Good' Ahead Of Getafe Clash

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Andres Iniesta was declared fit by the Barcelona medical staff yesterday, and the midfielder has now announced himself that he is healthy and raring to go.

The 25-year-old has missed the start of this season due to a thigh injury that he picked up at the end of last season, and played through the pain to help his team win the Champions League against Manchester United.

"I knew that I would play injured. I knew that I would do more damage," Iniesta admitted to Sport.

"I had 17 days in which I was only thinking about the final in Rome, of coming back to play, of coming back to win it even though I knew I would do myself more damage.

"I would do it again - I am sure of that. I love this club, I love this job and I wanted to win."

Although Iniesta knows that he will struggle to complete the entire game this weekend against Getafe, he is ready to pull his boots on again if coach Pep Guardiola needs him.

"I've been running for almost a week and a half, training myself at a good pace. The leg is working fine, I'm feeling good and I'm already available to the coach. Obviously I don't see myself [playing] for 90 minutes," he concluded.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment